So excited! It's really going to happen! Updated 10/18/16 7:45pm


Peeps!

I just ordered my Podcast equipment!

Excited and scared at the same time!

I mean I'm a half paralyzed wheelchair bound stroke survivor with a speech deficit!

I'm going to do what? 

A Podcast! WHAT? LOL 

What speech deficit does Aaron have? Dysarthria.

My plan is to find an SLP (Speech Language Pathologist) not just to interview but to work on improving my speech for my Podcast. 
I currently know two stellar SLP's. Mark Ittleman author of "The teaching of talking method" and Rebecca Kipling in the United Kingdom. Founder of Speech Therapy Center in the UK. 
(I'll update you as I go).

I will be putting myself out there in an extremely uncomfortable place because I must recover! 

I want to encourage each one of you stroke and brain injury survivors to do the same in your own way. Put yourself in that uncomfortable situation. Like me, it's going to cause you to recover a little more. I believe as survivors we put ourselves in uncomfortable situations like hanging with family or friends or maybe it's going to that family get together you would normally stay at home for. Putting ourselves out there forces our brain's neuroplastic quality to fire up.

More links!

Neuroplasticity: Norman Doidge Explains the Changing Brain
Empowering the Mind to Heal the Brain for Stroke | Dr. Eric C. Leuthardt | TEDxGatewayArch

Positive Thinking Neuroplasticity Brain Chemistry

Recovering from Stroke Part 1 (UCLA)


Upcoming show notes.

The first four shows or so I will be me getting my Podcasting feet wet. I plan on doing W.A.M. episodes=What's on Aaron's Mind. The initial shows will be various topics. Whatever is on my mind.

After getting my Podcasting Feet wet I'll start doing interviews. 
I will be interviewing
  • Speech Language Pathologist 
  • Prominent individuals within the stroke community.
  • Authors 
  • Physical Therapists 
  • And much much more!
Follow this Blog to stay up to date on all things "I'm Injured Not Stupid" Podcast with your host stroke survivor Aaron Avila.

Launching sometime in February 2017 if not sooner! 

Oh no peeps! A feeling of fear is happening! I must be relentless like Jeff Hazlett taught me. 
(Related blog)

Connect with me socially on: 
Twitter
Google Plus
Fan Page in Wohaula
Pinterest
Second Chance Stroke Survivors on Facebook

Here's what I ordered.





STAY AWESOME!
Aaron 

Comments

Popular Posts